In today’s world, the difference between professionalism and style has steadily decreased. The boundaries are thinning, and it seems that one cannot survive without the other. In the men’s grooming world, one thing that men cannot be more proud of is their facial hair. It becomes absolutely imperative that the matter of facial hair is resolved with utmost sincerity and efficiency.
We men understand that facial hair is the thing that makes us stand out in our manliness. Ask any man, and he will tell you how important it is for him to keep his beard and mustache exactly the way he (or his better half) wants it to be. We also understand the amount of effort and good work that goes into the grooming of our facial hair
In this particular review, we bring to you the best beard trimmers that we could find under a $100. There are a lot of beard and moustache trimmers out there but it’s not necessary that you should spend a lot of money for a good one. We will tell you here how you can groom your facial hair for a good number of coming days with an investment of an economical amount of money. We will be going through the pros and cons of all these trimmers, and let you decide which one suits you the best.
Best beard Trimmers under $100 for 2018.
1) Philips Norelco 9100
This is a very sleek and equally efficient beard trimmer from the Philips stable. It comes with a lot of fun goodies along with some exceptional features that make it stand out in the crowd.
The Philips Norelco 9100 is quoted at $72.47 on amazon and is one of the models priced at the higher side on our list. But, we can safely say here that with the features it offers the quoted price is perfectly plausible. Let’s check out the pros and cons of this Beard and moustache Trimmer:
- Effective chromium self-sharpening blades with dual sides and two attached combs. The beard comb works normally but the detail comb helps you to trim at places which are slightly harder to reach.
- 17 length settings ranging from 0.4mm to 17mm at 0.2mm intervals for precise cutting and trimming in terms of needed length.
- Smooth and stiff handle for an effective grip while use.
- Fully washable so that you can multitask with it while under the shower and have your beard trimmed. Helpful for the man in a hurry.
- Possibly the most important standing-out feature is a laser-guide which this trimmer offers. With this, you can easily and effectively pin-point the line which you will be trimming. It really helps in creating a neck line or cheek-line with refinement and precision.
- Considering the price and the inclusion of a lithium ion battery, it has a poor charge and cordless usage ratio of 1:1. It will get fully charged in an hour giving you a cordless usage time of about 50 to 60 minutes.
2) REMINGTON MB4040
This one just might be the best you feel while buying, with reference to your pocket weight. It does not come with many high-tech and out-of-the-world features, but it does its work pretty well. The integrated features are more than efficient to give you the perfect trim, and you will be also feeling pretty good about yourself for making a good deal.
The Remington MB4040 focuses on usability and sturdiness, and it sure does deliver that. The design itself is nothing fancy, but oozes simplicity and efficiency.
At a mere $29.47, you will feel like a street smart fellow while buying this amazing grooming product.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of this beard and moustache trimmer.
- An amazing cordless running time of 120 minutes! Gives you the freedom of trimming while moving owing to its lithium-ion battery.
- Titanium coated self-sharpening oiled blades which are powerful enough to last long and hard.
- 9 effective length settings along with 1 plastic comb and 3 detachable heads. The detachable heads can be used for your goatee, stubble or beard.
- Easily washable and fully waterproof to give you a tension-free trimming experience.
- The design is ergonomically well built. Easy to use and smooth to handle, this beard trimmer will certainly feel good in your hands.
- Remington does not provide any type of pouch or base to hold its trimmer or its attachment. This can be easily rectified with a very slight increase in the price.
- Through the experience of some users we have to come to know that it might need a few more passes with this trimmer for an even trim as compared to other trimmers.
3) PHILIPS NORELCO 7200
This is another very effective beard trimmer from the Philips stable. This one comes with many good features along with another stand-out feature just like the other Philips we talked about.
At the first sight, this trimmer seems pretty high-tech and out of your pocket-reach. But, fret not; although it has a number of amazing features it will still be light on your pocket.
Quoted at $49.95 the Philips Norelco 7200 comes with some pretty amazing features that we will be talking about herewith.
- The battery provides a cordless running time of 80 minutes at a charge of 60 minutes. This is sufficient considering some power-thirsty features it has.
- 20 built-in length setting from 0.5mm to 10mm in 0.5mm steps for efficient and precise cutting
- Self-sharpening double sharpened blades to provide effective smooth trim.
- Along with a standard beard comb, two precision combs are also provided for better trimming and a detail head for detailing.
- The stand-out feature of this trimmer is the built in vacuum system. Although it does not effectively clean up the entire of mess of your cut hair, it does vacuum in almost 80% of it.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Not waterproof, so you will have to rethink about this one if you wanted to multitask with it and save time in shower.
- It lacks the Turbo power boost which came with its predecessor 7300 and was a very handy feature for stubborn stubbles.
4) WAHL 9854 Grooming kit
This is another beard trimmer that comes at a very affordable price. People buying this trimmer must consider themselves the practical and rationale ones, owing to the type of features it has to offer.
The features it provides make it one of the sturdiest and most user friendly trimmers in this list. This one is for the go getters who believe in doing it right, no matter how much time it takes.
Quoted at mere $34.97 let’s check out the various features this beard trimmer has to offer in order to make it to this list.
- The lithium ion battery gives a staggering cordless usage time of 3 hours at a charging time of mere 1 hour.
- Also provides you a 5 minute quick charge feature if you are in a hurry.
- An assortment of blades and combs to choose from, including 6 combs ranging from 2mm to 12mm at intervals of 2mm and 4 blade attachments.
- The grip is very rubbery, giving you the best possible hold.
- In-spite of the very heavy motor, the design is very light weight and easy to handle.
- All the attachments provided with the trimmer are washable and this helps in efficient cleaning.
- The motor is extremely loud owing to its power and might be a wee bit irritating for the quiet ones.
- Although the attachments are washable, the body itself is not. This means, that you cannot dip it in or place it under flowing water for cleaning purposes.
5) PANASONIC ER GB40S
The PANASONIC ER GB40S is included in this list owing to its selective performance for a specific type of men’s breed. In recent times, there has been a growing population of men with sensitive skin.
This particular trimmer is for those men who have allergic skins. Panasonic probably came out with the trimmer keeping in mind this very domain of men in need.
Also, satisfying our criteria of being trimmber under $100, this trimmer comes at an economical price of $34.99.
Let’s check out the features that this trimmer has to offer.
- The trimmer provides an entire range of 19 length settings from 0 to 10mm in 0.5mm intervals. This ensures the quality and precision of trimming that you want and need.
- The handle is rubberized and contoured to ensure that the trimmer doesn’t fall off from your grip.
- The trimmer is fully waterproof thus allowing a wet trim and ease of washing.
- It is an all in one full body trimmer.
- The best part of this trimmer is its blades which are made of high quality hypo-allergenic stainless steel blades. These are considered to be the best for sensitive skin.
- The biggest downside of this trimmer is its battery which is not lithium ion. This results in a long lasting charging time of 15 hours giving a mere 50 min cordless usage time.
6) PHILIPS NORELCO QG3390 7100 GROOMING KIT
This is another amazing trimmer from the Philips stable which is worth mentioning in this list. Like all the trimmers in this list, this one also has been included for a specific reason. That reason being its versatility.
Amazingly enough, you can use this trimmer on any part of your body (for trimming hair and nothing else). It has a large number of attachments allowing you to have any style and shape that you can possibly think of.
You can get this trimmer at an economical price of $59.95 from Amazon.com, this is one of the best option to get trimmer under $100.
So, let’s check out the standout features of this trimmer in detail.
- Fine and sharp chromium steel plates that will stay sharp even over prolonged usage.
- 18 built in length settings at 1mm intervals.
- 4 combs are provided along with 4 different attachments of detail, body, nose and a full size trimmer.
- Turbo speed button is included which can cut through the thickest of bushes with ease.
- The 8 attachments for detailing and trimming your entire body make it an all in one trimmer.
- Although it has a lithium ion battery, it still provides a 1:1 charging and cordless usage ratio. After one hour of charging you can use the trimmer for one hour without cord.
You should check: 5 Best Beard Trimmers for Men in 2016
7) PANASONIC ER GB80-S BODY AND BEARD CLIPPER
This is another amazing Bread trimmer under $100 from the stables of Panasonic which has always been famous for their ergonomics and efficiency. This trimmer focuses on detailing and versatility in accuracy.
Although this trimmer is on the slightly expensive side of $87.68, it still does its job pretty good and has some outstanding features. Owing to these very features we are including this trimmer in our list.
Here are the pros and cons that are worth mentioning about this trimmer.
- The blades are super sharp and tilted at an angle of 45 degrees which Panasonic claims to be the most optimum angle for beard cutting. Ensures a long lasting and always sharp trim.
- A staggering 39 built in length settings for you to choose from. Ranging from 0.5mm to 20mm in 0.5mm steps, you can use it anywhere on your body for trimming purposes.
- It comes with three efficiently designed comb attachments for various length settings and body grooming.
- The pop up trimmer allows you to accurately detail your beard and moustache.
- The rubber grip gives an outstanding hold and the trimmer is 100 percent washable.
- Panasonic hasn’t switched to a lithium ion battery in this one either. It uses a Ni-MH battery allowing a 50 minute cordless use on 1 hour charge.
This was our pick of the best beard trimmers that you can get your hands on in 2016. All of these Bread Trimmers are below $100 so we hope that we were able to help you choose your grooming mate.
If you liked this review, do share it on the social media platform of your choice and help another brother in grooming needs!
You Might Also Like: